Sunday, September 14, 2008

Decision Making, Part Deux

Here it is: I hate speech language pathology. I went to this program because it was the easiest way to go back to school without taking my GRE...I am learning, that the easiest is not always the best.

When one makes decisions about school...is it best to throw caution and student loans to the wind? When one thinks about a three year plan that seems like complete boredom, it is perhaps best to stop banging your head on the wall long enough to listen what it really is your soul wants from you.

That soul-filled voice crept in my head in the middle of washing the conditioner out of my hair this morning. I want to be a smarty-pants...the kind of smarty-pants that uses her talents for the good of the people. I'm not talking speech pathology, this stupidly obsessive path I've created as of late. I'm talking elbows deep in activism...shouting from the rooftops all the injustices; making plans to change the machine; filling the impressionable minds of young people with stories that inspire and create peaceful, sophisticated solutions to our problems.

Now off to search for jobs...or take some MORE time to grab a flashlight and search the cave of my soul once again! Ideas on whether I should stick the semester out people?

No comments: