Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Even in the midst of chaos

I am two hours away from my final exam in Stats - which means, I've been figuring out what my lowest grade on my final could be and still pass with a B or better (answer: 60+). However, I need to take a break from all this chaos and send some shout outs -

Mother's Day has never ever been so glorious for me! I have had the pleasure of being the mom on mother's day for seven years - and this is the first time it's been planned! J put the smack down that we were to have lunch with my mom on Saturday down south. It was awesome to see my parents and so great that he encouraged this!

Sunday, operation "Yoda-Otis" went into high gear. My boyz made me breakfast in bed, complete with tv tray and 20 minutes of uninterrupted (mostly) reading. So nice! After that, we had a hunt for one of my gifts (a la D)...and we went to the living room to see my HUGE pile 'o presents. Seriously - it was so crazy! (In a good way) I got a candle, two frames for pieces of art my brother made in high school, a lovely paper teapot, M&M's, and the best present of all - someone who actually listened when I said I wanted something - J got me a gorgeous mother-son W*ll*w Tr** angel that made me cry. We went to lunch with J's mom and had a really great time, had tacos for dinner and it was such a great weekend!

I can't tell you how awesome it is - D had a blast with J (and their secret mission and love of ketchup) and I am so touched to have such a caring partner - he's amazing! Simply wonderful! So this is love....

No comments: