Thursday, July 31, 2008

Phone call

On my way to the movies (St*pbrothers, funny if you like that kind of humor. I do!) I call Drew, who is at my mom's for the week (SWEET!). The first thing he says when he gets to the phone is this:

"Mom, guess what? (what?) Grammy and Poppa aren't divorced like you are."

I think if it weren't so darn cute, I'd probably feel bad. See, my Dad just got appointed to two new churches, so he lives in a separate parsonage from my Mom for half the week. Dad was coming over for dinner (which is something K and I do fairly regularly to keep the peace)...Bug asked my Mom if Poppa was staying and when she said no, he asked her if they were divorced.

I love the way Bug is starting to check out the connections around him.I didn't wish he knew about divorce before he was 5, but this was the right choice for us. I think gentle honesty is working out just fine for our family, however screwed up we may be!

No comments: