Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break - Whoo-hoo!*

Finally. A break. No vacation as in going anywhere warm, but it's nice to not have to do the usual Monday through Friday grind. Somehow it worked out that I'm actually sans the Bug until Friday. We had a really good weekend together, so it's nice I get some time for me-stuff.

Saturday we went to my Mom's, who hosted a wonderful concert (J-Money's folk band with his Dad, uncle, etc...) and had a great dinner. Church was good - my mom recycled a sermon she had heard earlier in the week. Here's what I got out of it - that I've been wandering the last few weeks. I need to regain focus on myself - not school, not my boyz, not the house situation (we go to the bank today), not the what ifs, the shouldas, couldas or wouldas. I need to remember my strengths hold them tightly to me. I need to focus on how amazing I am (are you sick of hearing this o dear internet?) and how many wonderful things I've done...and how far I've come. I do that - the rest comes into place!

I've had a bit of an issue with the Green Monster lately. I have such a vivid imagination and such a wacked out thought process, it's really hard for me to not take an idea (even a joke) and run to the next town with it. I'm seriously considering the basis for this jealousy. I never ever thought I was a truly jealous person - and I'm not even jealous over things that are even worth being jealous about. I'm jealous over stupid things...that my mind molds into this twisted spiral of mind-crushing suckiness. It's really sad.

I'm also wondering if some good ol' behavior mod might be in order for me. Some good mindfulness never hurt anyone, right? I sometimes feel myself slip back into these really dark places for a moment. I suppose I never really felt amazing on sexi-lexi, but I think it buffered those creepy corners. Wow, this post is getting a touch heavy, even for me. These crappy feelings never last long - but they leave me in this fog - of moodiness. It's been known to ruin a perfectly good dinner a time or two.

Let's see - something to leave you happy and satiated with goodness:

My to-do list for vacation?

*Cut out fabric for a boxer lap quilt - a lap quilt made of boxers, not for a boxer (human or canine)
*Finish my handwarmers
*Rest - didn't get off to a good start in that department
*Read my book for Bookclub (Friday)

I'm going to stay at four - I'm pretty sure I'll be lucky if I get those done - especially with a Lazy Tuesday coming my way. I'll be sure to post at some point to keep you updated with the magic of home lending!


*Post Title: Justin had this great idea - to tell all of you not to flash your girly bits. I think that's good advice for any time of year. Mostly.

No comments: